I am certain that you would have heard the term — Cloud Computing.
It’s not fresh but trending quicker than ever.
If you are supporting, administering, managing conventional infrastructure and trying to research cloud computing for your next project, then the following online courses will assist you.
Why select cloud computing?
It was in number one requirement in top 10 abilities reports shared by LinkedIn before this year.
There are numerous areas you can concentrate like protection, operation, development, DevOps, alternative architecture, advanced media, large data, etc..
Let’s explore some of the very best online courses.
1. Cloud Computing Basics
Malaya Biswal cover essential topics to explain how does it work, definition, a concept in layman term.
If you are starting from scratch, then this would give you solid understanding. It contains 1.5 hours of video and two articles on the following.
- Cloud computing and its major components
- Service model – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Deployment model
- Key characteristics
- Cloud advantages & challenges
2. AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
One of the best-selling courses by Ryan Kroonenburg focus on AWS associate certification.
If you are looking for AWS certification, then this cover almost everything you must know as an AWS solution architect and pass the exam.
Ryan got 22 hours of video and more than 15 supplemental resources covering the following.
- AWS overview
- IAM (Identity Access Management)
- S3, Glacier, CloudFront
- DynamDB, RedShift, Elasticcache, Aurora
- SQS, SNS, SWF, Elastic transcoder, Kinesis
- Auto-scaling, cloud formation
I’ve personally taken Ryan’s course and happy with the content.
3. Essential Cloud Infrastructure: Foundation
A new course by Google Cloud to get you familiar with infrastructure and platform services offered by Google Cloud.
If you are an AWS professional or want to get hands on Google Cloud, then this would be useful.
It’s one week accelerated courses cover the following in video, article and quiz format.
- Virtual networking
- Virtual machines
4. Docker Technologies
Are you a developer and looking to take your career to the next level? Learn how to develop and deploy web applications with Docker.
This course is loved by more than 22,000 professionals with more than 4.5 rating. It’s 3 hours on-demand video with articles and resources.
- Getting started with Docker
- Working with Docker images
- Creating containerized web application
- Docker networking
- Creating a continuous integration pipeline
- Deploying in production
You may also take a look at Containers for Everyone eBook by Linux Academy.
5. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
As the name suggests, targetted for who want to become AWS Certified SysOps administrator.
A course by A Cloud Guru some of the essential topics to gain AWS platform knowledge and while preparing for the exam.
- Monitoring EBS, RDS, ELB, EC2, Elasticcache
- High-availability, Deployment & provisioning
- Opsworks, Data management
- Security, networking with Route53, VPC